(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Friday, January 8, 2010

Parental Advisory Warning.

Believe it or not, this strip was considered "racy" in its day. At least by me--I was a little nervous submitting this to my editor. I needn't have worried; unlike my very first strip, it ran without incident. A short while later, a girl in my dorm asked me if that was one of the strips that was based in reality (i.e. autobiographical). I assured her it was not--who walks around in real life setting themselves up for punch lines like that (let alone wears trench coats and gloves in college)? Only much later did I realize that she might have been hitting on me. It was such a rare occurrence, it just sailed right by. Note: this was the same girl who asked me during freshman orientation if I "partied." I nodded, oblivious to the super-specific meaning she had in mind. I thought she meant if I were invited, would I would attend a party? Sure--who wouldn't? I did a lot of growing up in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment