(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Theft: the sincerest form of flattery.

Another anomaly here. You'll notice (depending on your scrutiny of my drawing style) that this strip doesn't quite match the ones on either side of it. Confession: it's another reproduction. Only instead of selling the original, it was stolen from the stat camera room of the Daily Tar Heel! An inside job at that! At first I was enraged, because I dutifully picked up all my originals on the way home from class and stored them in a big pile over my desk (lugging all those originals around for years made assembling the book a helluva lot easier, I tell you what). Eventually, I treated it as a compliment, although the thief could have accomplished the same thing by clipping out the strip from the newspaper and taping on his or her dorm room door. Maybe I should check eBay and see if I can buy it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment