(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Monday, January 18, 2010

Did he or didn't he?

I know the question burning up everyone's lips that semester was, "Did Bill Beagle get some?" Okay, maybe not. I could be inflating the strip's impact on the student body a tad. Still, like a great sitcom ("Cheers," "Moonlighting"), I was maximizing the tension by keeping the male and female leads apart. Didn't want to jump the shark too early. So I threw Beagle a bone (get it?) in the form of the never-before-seen (and never to be seen again) character of Barbara Helms. Did he get lucky? Which base? Did too much Goebel impair his ability to...stand? I wanted to end the year with a good cliffhanger, so I kept everyone--including Nick--guessing. In retrospect, I'd say nothing happened. Well, not nothing, but not what he wanted to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment