(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Out-of-State Blues

I'll admit it: I was homesick. I arrived at UNC having never visited the campus, and not knowing a soul. As an introvert, making friends was an effort, so beer and this comic strip had to do double duty to get me through freshman year. Luckily, I made some friends I have to this day, and by the end of my four years, I was coming up with ways to stay in Chapel Hill forever (which are reflected in the strips of my senior year). One thing never changed, however--I never went anywhere other than home for spring break. My best friend was there, my siblings were there, my parents were there (I know, right?), and, perhaps most importantly, I never had the cash to go anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment