(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Art imitates life.

The strip here makes much more sense if you remember--as I'm sure no one did--that Nick and Bill lived in a dorm. Everyone always used to ask me, "Where do you get your ideas?" Groan. Oldest question in the book. The short answer is everywhere and nowhere. Sometimes you seek them out and sometimes they find you. And sometimes--like in the strip above--your "idea" is simply what's going on in your life at the time. I was in the midst of pledging a fraternity (sophomore year? I know...) and I was being bombarded with material on a daily basis. The series that follows had its roots in my initial exposure to Greek life, but of course, it was bound to take some twists and turns that could only happen on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment