(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Any resemblance is purely coincidental.

College was a time of enormous growth for me. And not the Freshman 15, either. In fact, early on, I was so homesick and introverted that I actually lost about 15 pounds from all the running and exercising I did to fill the time. My grades were pretty decent, too, since I had plenty of time to study. Alcohol tolerance, however, that grew a great deal, as did my awareness of "the great big world out there." I never thought I had lived a sheltered life until I got to Chapel Hill and was thrown in with 20,000 of my peers. Suburban Rockville, how could you have shielded me from all this excitement? Well, as you might suspect, by the end of freshman year, I still looked forward to going home for the summer, but--significantly--I was also looking forward to coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment