(Click on the actual strip for a larger view)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

One of the (many) woes of being a freshman.

As a freshman living in Morrison, I was unduly reliant on the bus and my feet to get around. A suitemate of mine--and a fellow freshman--somehow managed to get his car onto campus under the radar, with a coveted parking pass and everything. Of course, he was a Morehead scholar, the unofficial royalty of Chapel Hill. His license plate read "FU MANG," which makes much more sense if you've seen Scarface. Since our friendship survives to this day, I don't think I was using him for his car. And in the case of the strip above, I couldn't use his car, since it was a stick. This was before living in Chicago would make not having a car the rule rather than the exception. And no, I didn't have a dial phone--they were just easier to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment